Project Specialist Extensions
LOWE'S **COMING SOON
- No. of Positions:
The primary function of the Project Specialist Exteriors is to close sales outside of the store retail location and maximize sales of exterior projects and related products. This includes sales planning, in-home and in-store customer consultations, development of project proposals, and tracking of current and potential sales. The Project Specialist Exteriors is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction by demonstrating product and project expertise, providing follow-through on projects, and executing flawless projects on-time. The Project Specialist Exteriors is also required to train associates on sales tactics and related programs. Lastly, the Project Specialist Exteriors is responsible for completing all other duties as assigned. Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week. Required to work a Corporate schedule determined by the needs of the business. Physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise. Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Delivers paperwork to the store.
- Aids Production Office in ensuring projects are produced accurately and on a timely basis.
- Can role play with key associates the skills and process for generating and capturing high quality leads.
- Delivers project information to the Production Office.
- Makes appointment confirmation calls with clients 24 hours prior to appointments.
- Maintains all collateral, samples, forms and paperwork and ensures all samples are clean, workable and prepared for client demonstration.
- Performs in-home meetings according to the four-step selling process: 1. Warm up; 2. Assessment/Measure; 3. Product presentation; 4.Quoting-pricing/asking for the sale on the first visit.
- Asks for/gets a confirmed follow-up date for jobs quoted but not sold.
- Performs proposal follow up contacts with client who have not made a buying decision.
- Performs proposal follow up contacts with clients when the company runs promotions.
Prepares for all upcoming appointments by coordinating calls, products, and activities (e.g., joint calls for HVAC, pictometery drawings, known samples needed for extraordinary jobs, additional pricing); and creating quotes in the customers home.
- Produces project paperwork for Production Office use.
- Reviews next steps with clients on sold jobs.
- Uses exteriors value proposition (i.e., elevator speech) to aid the store team in lead generation.
- Maintains the appointment calendar in the project tool, enabling all associates to schedule appointments for them.
- Attends Sales Specialist meetings, as applicable.
- Attends weekly 1-1 meeting with Assistant Store Manager, providing detailed/comprehensive updates.
- Communicates and demonstrates detailed knowledge of all categories they sell.
- Complies with all safety procedures.
- Ensures all paperwork (e.g., contracts, job folders, pricing worksheets and proposal documentation) is filled out according to policy.
- Ensures work area is organized and maintained according to corporate standards.
- Follows up with all customers to maximize sales opportunities and client satisfaction.
- Maintains awareness of competitor pricing by conducting quarterly market price analysis.
- Works with general contractors and/or installers to quote, sell and produce accurate jobs.
- Maintains project folders.
Performs in-home meetings including "owning the client relationship" to assess the project, capturing measurements, confirming product selections, and gaining a scheduled commitment (i.e., confirmed date and time with client) for a design review appointment with the client.
-Keeps management aware of customer complaints, dissatisfaction, or problem projects.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
1 year experience as a Lowe's store associate.
OR 2 years residential construction experience (e.g., home building or renovations) AND 2 years of face-to-face sales
OR 3 years residential construction experience (e.g., home building or renovations).
OR 3 years face-to-face sales experience.
AND If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass
the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
AND High School Diploma or equivalent.
AND Licensed driver with reliable transportation and ability to pass MVR screen.
Licensure or certification as a Construction Supervisor.
2 years experience using Lowe's or other similar selling systems (e.g., M2O).
2 years in-home or commission-based sales experience.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category
protected under applicable law.