- No. of Positions:
As Stock Lead in our L.L.Bean Retail Store in Yonkers NY, you'll be joining one of the most respected retailers in the country. Satisfy your craving for problem solving in an active, busy job in a great work environment. You'll have the opportunity to use your ability to improve processes and organize to create efficient merchandise receiving and replenishment processes. Develop your leadership skills as you assist the area supervisor in creating a positive, engaged and focused work environment.
Oversees stock flow from back of house to front of house.
Primary business owner of the stock room; oversees all functional areas including shipment processing, product placement, transfers and price changes.
Monitors physical inventory accuracy.
Drives productivity improvement for all shipment processing, product placement and prices change activities.
Serves as a positive role model for others in driving and maintaining high standards in assigned area while ensuring integrity of the brand:
- May assist in the interviewing process and provide input into hiring decisions.
- Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and development of the team.
- May support and train associates, communicating standards and processes, company policies and procedures.
- Recommends adjustment to staffing levels/schedules to meet work requirements.
- May address and respond to employee issues/conflicts related to day to day operations within defined parameters in
accordance with company policies and procedures under direction of supervisor.
- May provide in-the-moment input, feedback and coaching. If performance concerns exist, hands off to
store management for performance management process.
- Contributes to Peak planning.
Oversees receiving activities under direction of store management:
- Coordinates product flow in an accurate and efficient manner following established guidelines.
- Prepares and communicates daily task responsibilities to staff.
- Manages to allotted budget hours.
- Assures shipments are processed within 48 hours of receipt.
- Assures Back of House mirrors Front of House.
- Works in collaboration with other Leads (Stock and Sales), Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager
to replenish stock, fill fixtures and ensure optimal product placement.
- Monitors MOS (marked out of stock).
- Drives process for clearing out product odds and ends.
- Maintains a clean, organized and efficient stock room while adhering to standards and safety requirements.
- Key holder as required.
- Coordinates trucking and merchant scheduling between store and the warehouse.
- Partners with vendors to facilitate direct shipment of merchandise.
Supports the delivery the customer experience and brand promise within assigned area:
- Encourages delivery of legendary customer service by demonstration the utmost respect and appreciation for customers.
Leads and executes compliance with Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Takes immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
- Associate's degree or equivalent with at least 2 years of relevant retail experience
- Prior relevant retail experience
- Store operations background
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Independent thinker with a business background
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and communication skills
- Prior exposure to processes (inventory management, merchandising, back stock management)
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude
- Cohesive team spirit
- Product knowledge of relevant retail products
- Systems knowledge and exposure (POS, Word, Excel, AS400)
- Ability to work variable shifts, weekends and holidays required.
L.L.Bean offers a competitive wage and benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation sick and holiday pay, as well as a significant (25-40%) employee discount. For more details, please refer to the benefits section on our website at www.llbeancareers.com
If you have the skills and qualifications we are seeking for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume.